Kings County Nova Scotia Bylaw
By-Law to Control Fires – By-law 63
MUNICIPALITY OF THE COUNTY OF KINGS
For By-Law information contact the Municipal Clerk
Tel: (902) 690-6133 Fax: (902) 678-9279 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
BY-LAW # 63
BY-LAW TO CONTROL FIRES
- This By-law shall be applicable only within the boundaries of the Villages of New Minas, Canning, Kingston, Aylesford, Greenwood and to the extent herein provided.
- Definitions: “Garbage” means domestic or commercial wastes, unwanted lumber, unwanted cardboard or unwanted tires, but does not include piles of brush, leaves or grass.
- No person shall burn or cause to be burned garbage at any time within the area of jurisdiction of this By-law.
- In addition to the provision of section 3, no person shall burn or cause to be burned leaves, brush, or grass at any time within the boundaries of the Village of Greenwood or the Village of Kingston.
- Such garbage should be disposed of by being delivered to the Kings County Municipal Disposal Site.
- No person shall burn or cause to be burned at any time within the area of jurisdiction of this By-law waste petroleum products, unless such burning is done within an approved heating device for the purpose of heating a house, garage or greenhouse.
- Any person violating the provisions of this By-law shall be liable, upon conviction, to a penalty not exceeding $500.00 and in default of payment thereof, to imprisonment for a period of time not exceeding 45 days.
- The minimum penalty for a conviction of a violation of the provisions of this By-law shall be $50.00 and in default of payment thereof, to imprisonment for a period of time not exceeding 5 days.
- Please note that wastes which have value as recyclable material may be removed from the waste stream for appropriate handling based on current diversion programs.